Sunday, September 6, 2009

How Purrfectly Sweet A New Poem!

How Purrfectly Sweet
Snuggled into each other,
Two cats
Wrapped warmly in love,
I think when my eyes close in sleep,
I'm snuggled up warm on Father God's lap
Safe, secure, and peaceful
My burdens lying by His Cross
If foolishly I take those too heavy to carry on my own
He whispers on the wind "Let me help you carry them"
How wonderfully cativating to think of peaceful deep sleep
Wrapped in paws of love
Perhaps to a cat, Father God is Daddy Cat,
and they rest peacefully in between His Paws.
I only know the sweetness of resting on His Lap,
As a weary child rests in the arms of a good parent,
Until the morning sun rises and awakens me.

By Kerri Wickhorst, aka Wise Poetess,
Through God's Blessing,
And For His Glory Alone.

P.S. What a lovely first birthday gift for me, a new poem, Hurrah, my birthday is Sunday September 6th, it's currently 1:19AM, and I've just turned 44! Take care all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment