Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Blankets Of Beauty, My Brand New Poem!!

(Written August 18, 2009)
Blankets of Beauty,
Enfolding the Earth in multi-colored hues,
Crocheted from quiet waiting seeds
By the sun and softly gentle falling rains.
I want to leave them like that forever,
But all too soon they are havested by human hands,
Their beauty turned into barren empty brown dirt.
If left alone, they rot, a sign again that this world is imperfect.
I long for the bright fields of Heaven,
Roses and other flowers whose beauty never fades,
Who sing praises to Our Lord Jesus,
By their brightness and beauty alone.
One day I will join them, in a new body that will never die,
Forever at peace, my pain and struggles over, resting and rejoicing in Him,
with all the Heavenly Host I will sing His Praises forevermore

By Kerri Wickhorst,
Through God's Blessing,
And For His Glory Alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment