Thursday, August 6, 2009

My Poetry 5: Elf Dreams

(Written June 8, 2009)
Elf Dreams
I am a child sleeping and still,
Lost in JRR Tolkien's magic world,
Leaves Of Lorien, or perhaps the Green Wood, Legolas's home
before into dark Mirkwood it became,
Have become my hair
Orcs don't see me,
As my arrows fly stealthily
Into their dark hearts
I peek into fair Mirror Mere,
Innocently for in this dream I am a child,
unskilled in the ways of magic
given to archery, mirth and verse
but I do see my future
An Elven maiden fair and archer beyond compare,
Legolas alone bests me in skill,
Beside Legolas I ride
On noble Rainbow Dreams my loyal steed.
We are off to adventure and war
Battling against Mordor and Sauron,
With Gandalf The White and Gentle Noble Aragorn leading us.
When old and gray and weary I grow, off to the Grey Havens I will go,
That land few non-elven folk know, only those most noble, most deserving of reward
There will I rest on that far off shore
Remembered afterwards only in legend forevermore.
By Kerri Wickhorst,
Through God's Blessing,
and For His Glory Alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment