Monday, August 10, 2009

My Poetry 8: You Didn't Have To Come

(Written Nov 6th, 2007)
You Didn't Have To Come

I'm awed and so thankful to you Jesus
I don't know Lord when Our Father gave His Plan to You
But You could have looked into the future
Have seen those who would revile instead of revere
Who would hate instead of love You
You could have seen the horrible crimes and sins
Some of us have done as humanity
Have shaken Your Head and said "No, they aren't worth the saving, find another way if You must."
That dark night in the Garden
When Your disciples slept
and our mutual enemy showed You all the sins
that ever had, and ever would be committed
by us as humanity.
You could have just said "Father take this cup from me,"
Instead of saying it and submitting to His Will in Your next sentence.
No one of us would have blamed You.
The Pharisees' scorn,
The crowd's cruel demand to crucify
The scourge's brutal lashes
The agony of nails through Your Hands
That only touched in Healing and Love,
Through Your Feet that walked only
to deliver Your Message of Peace and Love for others
Your gift of Salvation so simple and free
There are still those who say "I'm going to Hell and that's fine with me."
My heart shudders and weeps with You
Do they really know what they are saying?
What awaits them?
I'm alive for only one thing
To do what You and Our Father want me to do
To arrive in Heaven having accomplished His Purpose
For my life here, and to have truly loved
That's the future I hold most dear.

By Kerri Wickhorst,
Through God's Blessing and For His Glory Alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment