Thursday, August 6, 2009

My Poetry 2: A Labyrinth Prayer

(Written April 23, 2009)
A Labyrinth Prayer
Standing outside the Labyrinth
Conscious of the sacredness of this place,
This precious sacred time.
I stand burdened helpless troubled but hopeful.
The candles bravely flickering,
Especially those that are nearly giving out,
Inspire me to remember that this world is not completely dark.
I walk the labyrinth in tears until I am ready to let go.
In the center of the labyrinth,
I speak to Mother God and Mother Earth,
Giving my tears to her oceans,
The rocks of my pain to form her mountains,
Beauty from ugliness.
Mother Earth always absorbs our toxins.
In this sad world we as humanity like to hide our hurts,
Grief, and the ugliness of our physical toxins.
We bury our physical toxins in landfills,
And our hurts and grief poison our hearts.
Mother Earth continually restores herself.
If we surrender our emotional hurts and grief,
She restores our hearts bringing beauty from ashes setting us free,
While Father God is filling us with His Peace and His Loving Presence.
We often throw our stones of pain at each other,
Trying to empty and cleanse our hearts.
Oh lay them at the feet of Mother Nature’s volcanoes and
The righteous rage of Her Lava will cleanse them and
Meld them into things of beauty from ashes and ugliness.
By Kerri Wickhorst,
Through God’s Blessing,
And For His Glory Alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment