Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My Poetry 11: Sometimes

(Written October 15, 2008)
Sometimes I'm so impatient
In such a hurry to get where I'm going...
I forget Your Word "Be Still"
Sometimes I can't find something important and get frantic...
I forget the other half of Your Word "And Know That I Am God."
Sometimes I struggle with trials and temptations
Willing to do almost anything
To silence the pain, loneliness, and emptiness trials can bring...
The answer isn't in addictions, giving into temptation or sin.
Our emptiness can only be satisfactorily filled by Your Love.
Your Healing is the only balm to emotional pain
and sometimes -- we are meant to suffer for a short time -- for our own spiritual good.
Your Loving Presence eases our loneliness.
The answer is to trust, fight the good fight, win the race and rest in You.
Knowing that temptation always has a way out and our restless hearts find their best rest in You.
No matter what happens in our lives -- You still reign -- fear not You whisper in Your Word so many times.
You are with us always -- even unto the end of the world.
Help us to trust Your Loving Care and let it cast out all our fears.
Thank You and Praise You, Loving God, for Your Loving Care.

No comments:

Post a Comment