Thursday, August 6, 2009

My Poetry 3: End Of Travelling Sweet Delight

(Written May 5, 2009)
End Of Travelling Sweet Delight
My love, my only one,
We have travelled far from our winter resting place,
Some of our friends and their fragile wings have not made it so far
We rest breathlessly on beauty,
Flowers colours mingled beneath our own,
How sweet to once more be warm and safe in springtime,
Soon we must once more gather food
Oh my love, my only one,
What joy to fly with thee,
Though the perils be many,
Especially in late fall and winter
It is worth it all to fly at your side,
Drinking in your fragile beauty for love of thee.
Ready for summer, we rest for this precious time,
Before the busyness of life once more makes us fly
My love and joy surround thee, love of my life, rest with me.
By Kerri Wickhorst,
Through God's Blessing,
And for His Glory Alone.

N.B.: This was my May Poetry Challenge Entry at my poetry site owned by a friend -- I won!

No comments:

Post a Comment