Friday, March 5, 2010

One With All His Creation

(Written February 2, 2010)

One With All His Creation

I sit on the sand, and yet am one with it,
gritty, still and quiet,
The sea shapes me, but I am also one with the sea
constantly in motion, a salty tang in the air,
home to living creatures,
One also to the air
Sounds born in me,
Symbol of the Holy Spirit's Breath,
transportation gateway to birds,
and one with the birds,
Flying beautifully,
inspiring humanity,
I am also myself,
woman sitting on a beach,
conscious of sea, sand, air,
bird and sea sounds, smells, and tastes.
Part of all life, and yet distinctly myself,
Part of all the universe, and yet living on my one small planet,
in the midst of its vastness.
Conscious too, of the beauty of this one tiny world,
which Father God created for me, and for us all,
In spite of some of humanity's attempts to destroy it,
There is still so much beauty left on Earth!
Help us, Father God, to choose conservation,
over destruction,
to choose repairing, over ravaging,
to choose saving life, over killing life.

By Kerri Wickhorst,
Through God's Blessing and,
For His Glory Alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment